Upskilling / Australian Qualifications in Queensland

If you plan on working in Australia your employer or industry may require you to hold an Australian qualification. Many qualifications can be achieved via RPL (recognition of prior learning). If you already hold the necessary skills our below qualifications can be easily completed. We have covered many of the essential qualifications required for migrants (please note, many of these Australian Qualifications may be required to achieve a positive skills assessment if you don’t hold a qualification in your home country).

We also provide short courses, for example if you plan on working in the Hospitality Industry –  we offer a Responsible Service of Alcohol or Food Supervisors Certificate.

Select the desired course from the list below to find more information about the courses, durations and additional information.

If you require another qualification, please complete this form

Upskilling Courses

BSB50120 Diploma of Business
BSB50320 Diploma of Human Resources
BSB50620 Diploma of Marketing Communications
BSB50920 Diploma of Quality Auditing
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership & Management
BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management
ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology
SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management
ICTSS00086 ACMA Advanced Cabler Registration Skill Set
TAE40122 Certifcate IV in Training and Assessment
BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
BSB40320 Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship & New Business
BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health & Safety
BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety

Short Courses

RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights
RIIWHS202E Confined Space
RIIHAN301E Operate elevating work platform

Speciality Occupations

CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
CHC43121 Certificate IV in Disability Support
CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health

Electrical Contractors Courses

Qualified Technical Person (QTP)
Qualified Business Person (QBP)

Solar Accreditation Courses

Solar Installation / Design Course
Solar Battery Storage for Grid PV Course

Gap Training / Bridging Programs

Electrical Gap Training
Plumbing Gap Training
Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Gap Training

Upskilling is providing yourself with additional qualifications for employment. Australia has a very robust Vocational Education System which has qualifications that are recognised across the world, so an Aussie Qualification will open a lot of doors to job prospects. Not saying that your existing qualifications you have are not worthwhile. Use the chance to get them upgraded to a newer set of skills whilst the chance is available to you.

You maybe a Project Manager but have no formal certificate and you are migrating on your spouses skills and you want to work in Australia in a similar position. You will need to have your experience recognised, so upskilling is the way to go.

Not all Australian employers require you to hold an Australian qualification, when looking for jobs in Australia see If the employer is asking for a certain qualification, license or registration, the qualification is required for many registrations and licences.

This will depend on the qualification, most qualifications can be completed by RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) so the time it takes is dictated by you, however if you are required to undertake some training, most RTO's give you 12 months to complete. Don't be afraid to ask the RTO of there time expectations and discuss your needs with them.

This is entirely between you and the RTO. Most RTO's expect full payment upon sign up, some will split the payments over stages. Ask the question.. Don't be afraid to ask for staged payments to help your situation. Some RTO's have payment options already in place and some courses maybe funded under the right circumstances.

Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a requirement for all Australians who complete a Vocational Education Training Course (VET). The system is run by the Federal Government and is easy and simple to obtain. You can link all of your Australian Qualifications to it for ease of access and future reference. Click here to take you to our USI Page.

To open a bank account or rent a house or register for a course, you need to provide 100 points of ID. To assist in this process, we have produced the following page Click here to take you to our 100 points of ID.

Most of the qualifications can be started while you are outside of Australia. They can also be completed whilst outside of Australia. If you are issued a qualification outside of Australia, you will need to read the section about "I have an Australian Qualification issued from outside of Australia, what do I do next?"

This question, only you can answer. We would suggest as soon as possible, whilst you have all the information in front of your or available especially if you are doing your course via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). You normally have time between application processes, so again get it started as soon as possible.

All RTO's are there to assist you in your journey to learning. That's why you pay them. Ask questions of them, especially with some of the terms used in Australia against what you are used to from your home country.

If you have obtained your AQF Certifivcate III or Diploma whilst you were offshore, this means you have not been registered in the Unique Student Identifier System (USI)

Click here to take you to our USI Page.

Technically you don't need to, but when you want to go to complete another course or any kind of training in the future your AQF which you spent a lot of money on will not be recognised in the system.

Click the link above to see how to register for a USI and then contact the RTO to who supplied your AQF and ask then to reissue your AQF under your USI. Some may chanrge you a small fee to do so, others may do it for free.  But at the end of the day your AQF is recognised correctly and you will have no more issues with your training records.