This qualification reflects the role of educators in early childhood education and care who work in regulated children’s education and care services in Australia. They support children’s wellbeing, and development in the context of an approved learning framework. Educators use a range of well-developed skills and knowledge using discretion and judgment when carrying out their work in the context of established policies and procedures. They may work independently or under the guidance of others, though in some contexts that guidance may not be on-site.
Early childhood educators work in long day care centres, family day care, pre-schools or kindergartens.
To achieve this qualification, the individual must have completed a total of least 160 hours of work in a regulated children’s education and care service in Australia as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency. The total number of hours may be applied collectively across all units of competency that include the requirement for workplace hours.
In association with Queensland Academy of Technology RTO 31246, DUC can offer to our clients who wish to work in the Early Childhood Industry a pathway when they arrive in Australia.
- Client enrols into the Theory component of the training whilst still in home country.
- They have up to 3 months to complete the Theory.
- Once they arrive in Australia, they have up to 6 months to attend Brisbane City Campus for 3 weeks to work through practicals. This may be reduced depending on numbers. 10 Maximum, 5 minimum.
- Client is then allocated to a childcare facility where they do 160 hours in placement.
- If the client is not Brisbane based, then the placement maybe able to be completed in another state, however the RTO will need to verify with the provider that this is suitable. An assessor will need to see the client in placement to sign off mandated requirements.
National Recognised Qualification: CHC30121 Certificate III Early Childhood Education and Care.
To enrol into this course, you will need the following: