This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a range of community settings and peoples’ homes, who provide support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing. Workers promote a person-centred approach, work according to and may contribute to an individualised plan, and work without direct supervision. They may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice.
The Disability sector is going through rapid growth and require Disability Support Workers to support this growth. Over and above the offer of a rewarding and fulfilling career where you will make a difference in people’s lives, The Disability sector is a smart choice in terms of employment.
Disability service providers offer a range of different and unique services for clients with a various need. The disability sector is expanding, with more NDIS* providers entering the market daily. This provides a demand for skilled workers and an opportunity to challenge yourself daily, doing something you love and care about
This course is designed for people who are:
- Individuals looking for a meaningful career.
- Individuals that are passionate about the disability sector, particularly the NDIS*
- Individuals looking to enrich the lives of people that require personal care.
In association with Disability Training Services RTO 45712, DUC can offer to our clients a pathway who wish to work in the Disability Care Industry when they arrive in Australia.
- You enrol into the Theory component of the training whilst still in home country.
- Based on experience (Past knowledge) the program can take up to 9 months to complete the Theory.
- Once in Australia, you will need a police check, (so can reuse your checks you obtained for your Visas) and placement will be arranged for you.
- You need to complete 120 hours of on-the-job placement to complete your practical assessment.
National Recognised Qualification: CHC43121 Certificate IV Disability Support.
To enrol into this course, you will need the following: