Everything to double check, and have ready before you leave!
- Renew passports
- Confirm valid visa
- Redirect mail
- Unsubscribe from unwanted services
- Organise shipping and pet transport
- Sell, donate or start to pack your belongings
- Collect school and medical records
- Book your flights, accommodation, and transport
- Organise medication if required
- Notify change of address to banks etc.
- Transfer money to foreign exchange
- Fill out Medicare forms
- Disconnect power, electricity, water
If you can think of anything else to add to this checklist, please fill in the form below.
Preparing for the flight
- Just before leaving you can set up your bank account
- Double and triple check your flight time, date and airport
- Prepare your transport to the airport and pick up at the other end
- Make a list of every one you need to see before you leave and hug them all!
- If you have not already move your money through Foreign Exchange
- Pack your hand luggage with all of your essentials including kids entertainment
Day of your Flight-
- Check in online to save time
- Confirm your gate number
- Do a run through of the house and make sure you found every thing including your tickets and passports.
- Confirm airport pick up
On the flight:
What’s in your hand luggage?
- A day’s worth of clean clothes
- 1 Week’s worth of your regular medication! (Important!)
- Phone Chargers and Phone
- Tooth brush and tooth paste.
- Entertainment. ( A good book is always a great idea!)
- Your tickets.
- Visa’s and other important documents.
- Australian dollars. (Cash!)
- If travelling with kids, don’t forget some toys!
Once you Arrive
- Activate your bank account
- Submit your Medicare
- Set up your tax file number
- Set up Superannuation
- Contact kids schools and let them know you have arrived and what they require day 1
- If in construction book in your White Card
- If in Hospitality book in RSA (minimum)
- Enjoy a few days before the long term house hunt begins